Fractions Converting to Decimals How to Convert Fractions into Decimals: - Before conversion of the fraction we should be aware about the fraction and decimals. The fraction is always written in the form of P by Q, where P is the numerator and Q is the denominator. It is denoted by F. it can also be written in the decimal form and in percentage. Actually these are rational numbers. It follows all the rules of rational numbers. The examples of the fraction or the rational number are one divided by five, three divided by seven, eleven divided by twenty etc.
The decimal number has a base (or radix) of ten or power of ten i.e., it uses ten different symbols to represent numbers. These numbers are used to represent quantities which are outside the digital computers which operate on binary information. This system has a base of ten and is a position-value system. The procedure of converting the fraction into decimal is given below.
(1) Write the fraction which is to be converted into the decimal. Let this fraction is a/b.
(2) Second step is to find a number which is to be multiplied in the denominator to make it ten or its multiples or multiplied by one followed by zeros. For the above fraction this value is ten divided by b.
(3) Multiply the numerator and denominator by the same number i.e ten by b (10/b).
(4) Then write the numerator only by putting the decimals at the correct place.
Example: - Let we have to convert the fraction three divided by five (3/5) into the decimal.
Solution: - The step by step solution is given below
Write the fraction which is to be converted into the decimals. Let this fraction is 3/5.
Second step is to find a number which is to be multiplied in the denominator to make it ten or its multiples or multiplied by one followed by zeros. For the above fraction this value is two.
Multiply the numerator and denominator by the same number i.e two. The new number after the multiplication by two in the numerator and denominator becomes = 6/10.
Then write the numerator only by putting the decimal at the correct place. The decimal conversion of the number is equal to zero point six or 0.6.
Rounding Decimals Calculator: - Rounding decimal calculator is used to round off near the decimal points. When rupees is rounded off, below fifty paise it assumed zero paisa and if the paisa is fifty or more then it is considered as one rupee. There are some rules are given for the rounding decimals.
1. Retain the correct number of decimal places (e.g. three for thousandths, zero for whole numbers)
2. If the next decimal place value is five or more then increase the value in the last retained decimal place by one.
Rounding off a decimal technique is used to estimate or approximate the values. Rounding is mostly used after the decimal places. It is used to limit a long string after decimals. We can approximate the value of the decimal to a specified decimal place.
Example: - Let us want to round off the value 567.125768. Let we have to round off after two places of the decimal. The digit at the third place of decimal is five. The digit after five is seven. The value of this digit is more than five. So the value of is increased by one. It becomes six. Now if we want to round off the previous digits, the same rule is applicable.